Youngstown State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Youngstown State

I am disappointed too, but if thats what we have to sacrifice to be in the Missouri Valley Conference.... I guess we need to find ways to make noise and be in the game. It can't be that hard.

Comment

Originally posted by trueblue View Post
      I think we may already be the "quietest crowd in FCS." Our defense did an OUTSTANDING job last night (save the opening possession of the third quarter) but the noise level on any third/fourth down for YSU was barely noticeable. This has been talked about on this board in previous seasons and it is time WE ALL do something about it. I tried to make some noise and stood to clap/yell, but could count on one hand (sometimes two) those who did likewise in my section. I don't think, no matter how young/old you are, that it is too much to ask for EVERYONE to get into the game when the opponent is facing a third/fourth down. Better crowd support leads to better play!

I agree wholeheartedly. Jeez people, have some emotion beyond your half assed clapping for big points in the game. The only time people stand up in sections E and F is when they have to go get a soda or take a leak. Wouldn't it feel good to stretch out your legs in those now very cramped seats and give a shout out for your team?

Comment

The guy in front of me didn't clap one single time the whole game. He was decked out in Jackrabbit gear so there were plenty of opportunities to chear. Not cool.

Comment

My wife and I sat in our new season ticket spots in section G about halfway up. Great seat, but Holy Cow, I thought it was Sunday morning and I was in church. I actually had to wisper to my wife a few times, due to the fact it was so quiet, 10 people around me would've heard what we were talking about.

I think this may start with the people on this board...we have to be the ones that get people to stand up on 3rd down and other important plays...let the guys know where there for God's sake! If someone tells you to sit down and be quiet, like I know happens...tell them their at a football game not a tennis match or church.

And to the administration, if the Pride isn't going to play their instruments more than a 10th of the time, crank up that scoreboard between plays, we all know it's 10 times louder than it's ever been played.

Just because we can't use our cowbells anymore, doesn't mean we all have to just sit there and let the druel run down our chins. I'm definitley not suggesting that we stand up all game like the students, but our fans have got to let a little emotion to come out during our home games. And if you think it doesn't effect one way or another the outcome of the game and how the players play, your WRONG.
          Simple example: Top FCS recruit narrows his choice down to NDSU and SDSU and goes to a home game at each, everythings equal, other than atmosphere at the game, and said recruit picks the Bison...you don't think that's our fault as fans??? I do.

IT'S NOT EMBARRASSING TO STAND UP AND YELL A LITTLE FOR YOUR TEAM, I PROMISE IT'S NOT!!

I'll be the guy in section G standing up on "key" plays and letting our guys know we're there. Football the ultimate "fun" game, so when we go to football games at CAS, let's have some "fun". That's all I'm really asking.

Go Jacks!!
          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

McKinney doesn't like them piping in music to the game. It takes away from the whole game day atmosphere

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
              And to the administration, if the Pride isn't going to play their instruments more than a 10th of the time, crank up that scoreboard between plays, we all know it's 10 times louder than it's ever been played.
              From what I hear, there will be a whole bunch of changes in the way the Pride approaches the game once the new director takes over completely. McKinney's in command until Hobo Day. After that (and particularly next year) there will be huge changes. The band won't be missing for half the game, for example. The new guy gets it.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I'm not going to be sad to see McKinney leave. Hope the new guy understands where his bread is buttered.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
                  McKinney doesn't like them piping in music to the game. It takes away from the whole game day atmosphere
                  I don't think you can completely nail McKinney for this one. The administration is very sensitive to the feelings of the older crowd. Early on after the scoreboard was installed there were several complaints about the music and the level of noise at the game and they backed off. At one time the players had to ask for better pre-game music because the mellow 70's music they were playing just didn't do it. They were allowed to put together a clean cd of music they liked. It was about two games until that was gone.
                  "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                  -Leo Rosten

Comment

Big Props to the few douche bags who felt like dinging my rep points here recently. Glad you know how they work. Feel free to give me more negative rep if you wish.

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
                      I don't think you can completely nail McKinney for this one. The administration is very sensitive to the feelings of the older crowd. Early on after the scoreboard was installed there were several complaints about the music and the level of noise at the game and they backed off. At one time the players had to ask for better pre-game music because the mellow 70's music they were playing just didn't do it. They were allowed to put together a clean cd of music they liked. It was about two games until that was gone.
                      I realize the "older crowd" probably is donating more $$$ than us younger crowd, but come on, this goes back to what we are talking about...this is a home football game where you yell and support your team to pump them up for a win. If you want subtle music and a murmur through the crowd, go to church on Saturday night and not CAS.

Comment

I'm happy to report that on the east side, we had a number of amusing cheers including one that got a hearty laugh that went something like this: GET OUT THERE AND KICK SOMEONE IN THE HEAD!

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                          I realize the "older crowd" probably is donating more $$$ than us younger crowd, but come on, this goes back to what we are talking about...this is a home football game where you yell and support your team to pump them up for a win. If you want subtle music and a murmur through the crowd, go to church on Saturday night and not CAS.
                          I sit in section F among the older crowd. My wife and I are doing our best. They do get cranked up when a big play happens, but they're not so much into making noise for 3rd downs and such. Last year they got more into it as the season went on. Maybe people are just having a hard time getting it cranked up. Of course you can't force people to cheer, but I was thinking that maybe some prompts from the video board might help. I miss the SDSU Super Fan.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
                            Do you have a good reference on that or is it just hearsay?

Unfortunately with the Pride being as big as it is, it is difficult to get everyone to pay enough attention to the game and the drum majors to play the little bits at every opportunity. It would be better if there is a 'pep band' portion that is already ready to go and the whole band just plays at quarters. Just MHO though.

One of my 'adopted little brothers', is a freshman this year. They didn't even have practice until Thursday this week. Surprised the heck out of me. Unfortunately I think next weeks show might be a disappointed to a lot of this board. I so hope I am wrong though.
                            Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                            -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

In regards to the Pride- isn't it time (or past time) they retire the "he puts out fires" chant?

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post
                                Do you have a good reference on that or is it just hearsay?

Unfortunately with the Pride being as big as it is, it is difficult to get everyone to pay enough attention to the game and the drum majors to play the little bits at every opportunity. It would be better if there is a 'pep band' portion that is already ready to go and the whole band just plays at quarters. Just MHO though.

One of my 'adopted little brothers', is a freshman this year. They didn't even have practice until Thursday this week. Surprised the heck out of me. Unfortunately I think next weeks show might be a disappointed to a lot of this board. I so hope I am wrong though.
                                My girlfriend is in her last year with the Pride. Is that a good enough source?

Comment

Working...
                                X